Episode 14 | How to Kill the Competition with Your Brand’s Story,
with SnackNation SVP of Customer Strategy Chelsie Rae Lee
Human beings are hardwired for stories.
Storytelling opens up neural pathways in the brain that excite us, make us feel, and help us retain information. In fact, people are 22 times more likely to remember information that’s presented as a story rather than merely factually.
It’s why crafting a compelling brand story can be so powerful. When done right, your brand’s story engages your most important customers emotionally, developing invaluable brand loyalty and trust in the process.
Of course, it’s a lot easier said than done. So many brands think they can slap some contrived, half-baked story on their website and call it a day, but they couldn’t be more wrong. Telling your brand’s story is an ongoing, always evolving project, one that extends to branding, packaging, and even customer experience.
In this episode, we learn more about these ideas from one of the best – SnackNation SVP of Customer Strategy Chelsie Rae Lee.
Chelsie breaks down the ins and outs of crafting your own compelling brand story, as well as the opportunities most brands miss when it comes to communicating this story to their most important customers and prospects.
- Chelsie tells us her life’s purpose and how it relates to brand story and customer strategy. 2:20
- What we mean by brand story and how it can drive incredible outcomes for your business. 3:15
- The secret sauce for creating a compelling brand story. 4:40
- How internal culture and values can automatically build your brand story for you. 7:15
- How to differentiate your brand’s story and cut through the sea of similar narratives. 8:50
- How building on a simple message keeps you from alienating your most important consumers. 11:15
- One tip to create (and scale) exceptional customer experiences. 16:50
- The art of the TED talk
- The Most Astounding Fact, with Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Uncommon Service by Francis Frei
- Warby Parker
- Little Secrets
- “If I Should Have a Daughter” TED Talk
- Connect with Chelsie on LinkedIn
Have an idea for the show? Drop us a line! Brandbuilder@snacknation.com.