Employee recognition software…is it actually beneficial?
The short answer is “absolutely.”
Brace yourself for a list of questions:
- How many times did you provide valuable recognition, let’s say, 2 months ago?
- How many employees did you recognize?
- How many employees recognize one another on a regular basis?
- Does this recognition impact your mission or revenue?
Employee recognition software can help you answer these questions. We know you’re wonderful at making employees feel valued, but expertly designed software can help make your feedback more strategic, consistent, and measurable.
In a hurry? These are some of our favorite employee recognition software programs this year:
|Motivosity||🎖 Connect employees to your company with flexible rewards||Visit Motivosity|
|WorkTango||🏆 Reward your team’s priorities, culture, and performance with premium incentives||Visit WorkTango|
|Awardco||🎁 Award them an eGift||Visit Awardco|
|Terryberry||💯 Send redeemable points with social recognition||Visit Terryberry|
|Mo||💌 Boost engagement by celebrating achievements, occasions and difference makers||Visit Mo|
|👉 Compare more HR-vetted and approved options here|
What is employee recognition software?
Employee recognition software programs are the technology that helps you manage abstract human concepts—like employee satisfaction and relationships—with as much purpose and efficiency as you use to manage project deadlines and sales goals.
In the hands of thoughtful peers and managers, employee recognition software can enhance your company culture.
Luckily, there are plenty of employee recognition software options out there. We made this roundup of reward programs to help you find one appropriate for your team, your goals, and your budget. Keep browsing our list of employee recognition apps to take the first step in optimizing your workplace culture.
Best Employee Reward Programs And Recognition Software In 2023
Best for: Teams of 50 – 2,000
Nectar helps organizations celebrate great work – anytime, anywhere. Its top-rated 360 recognition & rewards platform for companies enables every team member (peer to peer & manager to employees alike) to send meaningful recognition rooted in core values. Streamline your incentives and maintain a connected culture regardless of whether your workforce is centralized or distributed.
Why we love it: It’s very intuitive and is known for having the most extensive rewards selection including Amazon products, company swag, gift cards, and donation options. Best suited for teams of 50 to 2,000.
- Connect Slack, Microsoft Teams, and your other software to increase engagement and make recognition easier than ever! Also integrates with your HRIS/HCM and SSO provider
- Create a custom swag storefront as a reward option. Swag is “on-demand” and shipped directly to the end-user once ordered with zero admin overhead
- Recently partnered with Amazon Business to offer millions of rewards with quick shipping.
- Incorporate wellness initiatives or challenges that reward employees for participating
Notable companies using Nectar:
- Standard: $2.75 per user/month
- Plus: $4.00 per user/month
- No contracts or implementation fees
- Visit here for more details
One happy user wrote the following review on G2.com:
“Not only does Nectar encourage employees to do better, but it also encourages employees to show their gratitude, creating a team-based culture where hard work is noticed. It also is a way to get some insight into who is working together and what hard work is being done throughout departments that I didn’t much about before.”
Best for: Teams of 10 – 2,000
Assembly is a peer-to-peer employee recognition, rewards, and engagement software that’s designed to boost internal culture and retention. Assembly has helped thousands of companies achieve 95% employee engagement through fun and seamless workflows. Assembly works great for teams of all sizes and is FREE for up to 10 users.
Why we love it: It “closes the recognition loop,” making something everyone wants to do into something everyone can easily do.
- An extensive catalog of rewards with gift cards, custom swag, culture rewards, and charity donations
- Powerful additional engagement features such as 1:1’s, surveys, games and icebreakers, employee nominations, and more (all of which are included in the cost of the platform)
- Automated birthday and anniversary celebrations
- Seamless integration into Slack (with its own Slack recognition app) and Microsoft teams as well as 40+ Hris integrations (ADP, BambooHR, Ceridian, Workday, Zenefits, Rippling, UKG, and many more)
Notable companies using Assembly:
- Harry & David
- Free forever until 10 employees
- Team: $2.80/mo/seat
- Business: $4.50/mo/seat
- Talk to Assembly for additional details
One pleased participant loves creating unique awards and animated gifs. Here’s the full review from G2.com:
“This program is so much fun for the team. I searched for an affordable way to build team morale through awards and peer/manager recognition, with rewards the team would want. It’s fun to watch the team interact with each other and give kudos to their teammates. It’s really made a huge impact on the the relationship building with our employees.”
Best for: Teams of 50 – 10,000
Bonusly is an online platform for rewarding, recognizing, and generally celebrating awesome employees. It enables everyone to recognize anyone. Peers can recognize each other, managers can recognize direct reports, and so on and so forth. (The good vibes are basically endless.)
Why we love it: It makes recognition fast and legitimately fun for everyone.
- Social features make recognition visual and interesting
- Analytics point out team members’ strengths
- Monthly allowance features ensure everyone can give recognition
- Automate birthday and work anniversary celebrations
- Let employees choose their own rewards
Notable companies using Bonusly:
- Request a demo to get custom pricing and a free trial
One happy user wrote the following review on G2.com:
“The opportunities that employees have to recognize their peers for various ways that they have gone above and beyond has been invaluable to the morale of the company! Morale and camaraderie have increased significantly.”
Best for: Teams of 10 – 500
Motivosity aims to maximize the net benefit of recognition by linking it to specific goals and performance. Teams of all sizes have found this goal-centric approach to boost productivity, engagement, and retention.
Why we love it: It keeps morale and engagement high as employees receive peer recognition that’s meaningful to their priority goals.
- Personal culture coach
- Remote team training
- Customized dashboards for tracking success
- Feedback requests empower employees to seek input on key issues
Notable companies using Motivosity:
- University of Michigan
Pricing options: Request more information on Motivosity’s page for employee recognition
What users say about Motivosity:
“Motivosity allows the people in my department to give and receive thanks/recognition for individual and group contributions. It’s a versatile tool. I like how my organization has been able to tweak the user interface so that we can offer kudos according to our six company values (Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence). I like the Badges capability, although we don’t use it as much as we could. The Interests and Personality widgets add a even more usefulness. I also appreciate the option to send the recognition in a public or private message.”
Best for: Teams of 100 – 1000
Bucketlist is a reward program for businesses looking to craft their company culture around rewards that employees will connect with. Rather than offering just one type of reward via gifts, redeemable points, or experiences — Bucketlist is committed to offering a variety of awards to help employees feel great about their contribution to the company.
Why we love it: Their commitment to strengthening the connection between recognition and employee retention. In today’s work landscape, employee retention tools need to offer rewards that employees actually want. Not just cookie-cutter options that don’t have much value.
- Customizable rewards make it easy to add unique options for employees. Create and share these rewards with employees with ideas like “take a Friday off” and “Lunch on the company.”
- They also operate a productivity tool that can help to motivate using team and individual rewards
- Setting team goals is easy and can help boost company morale when teams set and reach goals together
Notable companies using Bucketlist:
- Orlando Magic
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Offers a free trial
- Request a demo to find more accurate pricing
One happy user wrote the following review:
“Its amazing for getting to know the people within our organization and providing us with opportunities to reward them with what matter to them. We’ve been able to support our team members with stuff thats meaningful to them. Everything from travel, singing lessons, whale watching, volunteering and many things in-between. I find it much more fulfilling that giving someone a coffee card or something like that (although we still do those).”
Best for: Teams of 100 – 250
WorkTango is the all-in-one employee experience platform that connects employee recognition and rewards with continuous performance management to create an amazing employee experience. By bringing Recognition, Rewards, Incentives, Goals & OKRs, Conversations, and Feedback into one place, WorkTango motivates employees to grow and develop — and love doing it.
Why we love it: It makes appreciation, continuous feedback, and growth part of day-to-day work — not something restricted to annual performance reviews.
- Real-time employee recognition feed drives morale and connection
- Global Rewards catalog offers meaningful rewards for everyone
- Trackable, stackable goals keep teams aligned and productive
- Insights help managers make data-driven decisions
Notable companies using WorkTango:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Kaiser Permanente
- Growth (100-250 employees): Starting at $5.00 monthly per employee
- Standard (250-1,000 employees): Starting at $4.25 monthly per employee
- Enterprise (1,000+ employees): Customizable solution that scales to your company’s needs
- Visit the WorkTango pricing page for details on different plan options and volume discounts
In a review posted on G2.com, one customer says peer-to-peer recognition can even lead to supervisor recognition:
“I enjoy the conversations that are started by recognizing fellow employees. It’s nice to be able to bring to light that you appreciate them, but also to show to their Supervisors, as well!”
Best for: Teams of 50 – 10,000+
Terryberry offers a fully-customizable employee recognition platform that gives companies the ability to build recognition into their culture from day one.
With their patented “360 Recognition” focus, Terryberry provides teams a chance to cover all four aspects of all-in-one recognition: incentives, milestones, social recognition, and employee feedback.
Why we love it: Terryberry helps to promote retention by engaging with employees at every stage of the employee lifecycle. Beginning with their first day, employees can join your organization’s recognition program and contribute to a more positive company culture.
- Manager-driven recognition that can work to promote buy-in from every member of your team
- Service awards and different award types for any occasion or employee milestone
- Sales incentives and performance rewards that tie recognition to success
- Wellness tools that encourage holistic wellness in a corporate environment
Notable companies using Terryberry:
- Discount Tire
- Champs Sports
- Little Caesars
- Wyndham Destinations
- Greenleaf Trust
- Terryberry offers three pricing levels: Core, Plus, and Pro
- Request a demo to learn pricing details for each of the 3 plans
One happy user wrote the following testimonial:
“Terryberry is the perfect fit for my company. We wanted to do something special for our associates when they reach milestones such as anniversaries. Terryberry helps to personalize the experience because the associate gets to choose a meaningful gift that they will enjoy. The staff and service are perfect. Thanks again..”
Best for: Teams of 100+
Awardco offers a huge selection of employee rewards designed to make recognition, appreciation, and celebration a staple of your company culture. They also created a seamless integration with Amazon Business which means the potential employee rewards will make your head spin. Perfect for finding that right gift or experience based on your individual employees’ interests.
Why we love it: Their reward network is vast and they make it easy to customize your reward program based on your budget, your company culture, and what matters most to your employees.
- Incentivizes employees by letting them earn points by contributing to your organization in new ways
- Employees choose their own awards from the world’s largest reward platform
- Automates birthdays, service awards, and other milestones with rewards
Notable companies using Awardco:
- JP Morgan Chase
Pricing options: Contact Awardco for details
One user was particularly impressed with Awardco’s variety and ease of use:
“Awardco is the perfect platform for our employee recognition program. It supports our unique employee culture and community.”
Best for: Teams of 50 – 2,500
Mo has created an online platform that promotes a recognition-rich culture through the development of team habits, encouraging people to celebrate successes, and appreciate coworkers. With tons of customizable features, you can build the recognition program that bests fits your organization.
Instead of tying recognition directly to extrinsic perks, points, or vouchers — Mo encourages employees to recognize one another in social posts called ‘Moments.’ You can use Mo with or without their rewards option, which enables culture leaders to elevate recognition Moments with personalized gifts, experiences, and opportunities for peer-to-peer engagement.
Why we love it: It’s designed for easy adoption so that employees can jump in on their first day and see all of the positivity being shared – whether it’s thank yous, results, or even pictures of pets. Plus, on the back end of the platform — the reporting can help identify areas of strength and weakness at your company.
- “Boosts” is a new functionality that nudges teams to share and celebrate recognition opportunities that align with your goals, forming game-changing new habits over time. Use one of their Boost templates (like ‘Weekly wins’ or ‘Team appreciation’), or create your own.
- Everyone has a vibrant personal profile on Mo, where they can share working preferences, hobbies, and interests. Pin your favorite Moments to your personal highlights reel.
- Mo encourages HR and culture leaders to gather ideas directly from colleagues to improve company culture, make company-wide decisions, and work better together.
Notable companies using Mo Work:
- OVO Energy
- William Hill
- Interstate Hotels
- Starter plan starts at $4 per user per month
- Level Up starts at $5 per user per month
- Book a demo to learn more about custom pricing
One satisfied customer wrote the following review on Capterra:
“It has become the pivotal tool in driving and developing the culture we’re trying to build. It has allowed me to deliver so much more than I could before and offer a much greater employee experience because of its functionality. It was able to absorb all previous schemes we had in place whilst offering a wealth of new ones at the same time and it’s made my life so much easier.”
Best for: Teams of 200+
As a top-rated employee recognition software on G2 and Capterra, Guusto helps leaders to recognize great work and shape amazing culture through modern service awards and real-time recognition programs. Companies can assign budgets, send gift cards, and track all gifting initiatives from a helpful command center to support frontline and office staff. Guusto also partners with the One Drop Foundation to donate one day of clean drinking water for every gift sent!
Why we love it: It’s a gift-based recognition program that offers global reward options in 160+ countries that you know will align with employee interests. That means Guusto is not a points program. All the gifts within the platform are real dollar value with no minimums, markups, shipping, or hidden fees.
- Send rewards with the pay-forward feature empowers recipients to pass a gift to someone else
- Claim periods allow companies to recoup expenses for unused gifts
- Recipients choose a gift they truly value from over 60,000 merchant locations
Notable companies using Guusto:
- Harvard University
- Toronto Raptors
- Free: Single users just pay for rewards!
- Essential: Starts from $2.25 USD per member/month
- Premium: Starts from $3.50 USD per member/month
- Visit the Guusto pricing page for details
Customers posting on G2.com love how easy Guusto is. Check out this glowing review:
“How easy it is to use ! 🙂 Simple and user friendly and you can make kind gestures towards colleagues to thank their tireless efforts. Even better is the fact that you can choose what type of gift card you’d like from a few dozen partners in different areas. Payment options are pretty easy to choose from and the merchants are pretty abundant.”
Best for: Teams of 10 – 50
Evergreen is the perfect employee recognition software for small businesses. This lightweight solution unifies your company recognition program and environmental purpose.
Why we love it: Evergreen is the only employee recognition vendor that lets your team recognize a job well done while planting trees in the process.
- Tag company values to understand who is championing and living them
- Track personal and company-wide Carbon offsets
- Extensive reporting for admins and managers to help understand how the team is doing
- Easily integrates your company recognition program with Slack and Microsoft Teams
Notable companies using Evergreen:
- Octopus Energy
- Harvard University Employees Credit Union
- Coverwallet, an Aon company
- Earnest Ice Cream
- $3.99 per active user per month
- 14-day free trial here (no credit card needed)
- No setup costs
A Director of People Operations uses this corporate employee recognition vendor and raves about it here:
“I love that the entire company recognition program is operated in Slack – this is where my team lives and works. It doesn’t require another platform or log-in. We have SO many that this is much appreciated. From a personal standpoint, the best part of Evergreen is the focus on sustainability through tree planting. SO much better than earning points/rewards/gifts.”
Best for: Teams of 200+
Blueboard is the world’s top all-in-one experiential rewards and recognition platform that enables companies to recognize their employees at scale. They make it easy to quickly send employees unique and personalized in-home or out-in-the-world experiences for anniversary awards, employee referrals, spot recognition, sales incentives, President’s Club, and more.
Additionally, Blueboard’s employee rewards program is paired with a member of the Blueboard Concierge team, who personally handles all logistics and details necessary for them to fully enjoy their experience. Talk about service!
Why we love it: Blueboard is a high-value, lower-frequency experiential rewards and recognition platform that consists of a native catalog with a worldwide selection of experiences across 12 major categories to wow your employees and help you build a strong culture of recognition.
- Dedicated Concierge Team provides high-end, white-glove service to help employees pick meaningful and personalized experiences
- A hands-on client success team helps companies develop recognition programs
- Story capture helps build excitement and engagement
- Experiential wellness incentives bring added health benefits
- Encourages employees to create unforgettable memories that are bucket-list-worthy
Notable companies using Blueboard:
Pricing options: Request a demo to get custom pricing
Blueboard users appreciate how the team takes care of all the details. Check out this glowing review:
“Great customer service. Fast, friendly account managers. Makes it very easy. We simply send the reward and Blueboard takes care of everything else. If you’re doing a big batch of rewards at the same time, Blueboard can help with a bulk import.”
Best for: Teams of 25 – 100
We know that HR has its hands full. Managing all their responsibilities while fostering employee engagement can be an uphill battle. Luckily, Empuls helps businesses rise to the challenge with their holistic employee engagement solution that promotes a positive company culture.
Empuls has features for workplace intranet and communication, social rewards and recognition programs, employee lifecycle surveys, and employee wellness – all in one place. This recognition app helps organizations put a cap on employee absenteeism and attrition, improves productivity, manager effectiveness, and team motivation.
Why we love it: It is a holistic platform for all things engagement and a great employee recognition software for global business. Offering functionality that can make it possible to build out your own culture of recognition.
- Simple admin DIY controls for white labeling, awards, workflows, access, surveys, notifications, and more.
- Research-based engagement surveys and pre-built templates can be readily used.
- Readily integrates with HRIS/HCM systems, Collaboration tools, and SSO providers.
Notable companies using Empuls:
- Evolent Health
- Free Trial: 30 days
- Small & Medium-sized business: $3 per user / month
- Enterprise: Custom Pricing
- Request a demo to learn more pricing information
One of their happy customers, RealPage, testifies how effective Empuls has been for them:
“Our employees just love the software! Many appreciations, congratulations, awards are shared almost every day. This keeps them motivated. The numerous options to choose from in the rewards catalogue – makes it even more lovable.”
Best for: Teams of 500+
First and foremost, Kudos is designed to enhance company culture and build meaningful relationships. This company culture software provides a one-stop shop for recognition, communication, feedback, and overall camaraderie. Employees use Kudos to come together, celebrate epic achievements, or simply offer words of thanks.
Why we love it: It helps foster a lasting culture of gratitude.
- Private and public feedback options promote participation and honesty
- Video options make recognition even more meaningful
- Kudos TV feature lets you stream and display recognition events
Notable companies using Kudos:
- Meals on Wheels
- Kudos Basic: Price available on request
- Kudos Plus: Price available on request
- Kudos Enterprise: Price available on request
- Visit the Kudos plan page to request details
This review from G2.com illustrates what makes Kudos so special:
“Kudos is an amazing tool that brings coworkers together. By giving someone Kudos I acknowledge the impact they made, whether it be to a customer, another coworker, or myself. Kudos facilitates having a great working environment by giving people an easy way to show appreciation between coworkers, Getting rewards for the Kudos I have earned is delightful, and only further entices me to earn more Kudos, and thus be a better coworker.”
Best for: Teams of 5 – 50
Giftogram is your streamlined platform for tons of gift cards from tons of brands your employees love. Easily send personalized physical or virtual gift cards to reward your employees for any special occasion or achievement.
Why we love it: It helps you put a personal touch on the fuss-free, classic gift card.
- Massive design library makes cards feel special
- Logo upload helps you brand each gift
- In-house designers can create fully custom designs
Pricing options: Giftogram charges no monthly fees and their classic Giftogram gift cards carry no cost. Visit the Giftogram pricing page for details
Best for: Teams of 3 – 25
Tellinga makes story-centric greeting cards, each one as unique as each one of your employees. This remote work software is perfect if you’re looking for sentimental gifts that employees will cherish. Tellinga will take your story and photos and turn them into illustrated masterpieces.
Why we love it: It’s about as thoughtful and unique as employee recognition can get.
- Story length options accommodate your content
- On-staff artists hand-draw each story
- A library of existing stories provides plenty of inspiration
Notable press on Tellinga:
- One Day Card: $9.99
- One Week Story: $22.99
- Two Week Story: $39.99
- One Month Story: $69.99
- Visit the Tellinga pricing page for more details
Tellinga’s customers are delighted by the quality artistry of their cards. Check out this glowing review:
“I am so impressed with the quality of work these artists put out. They really took the time to read what I wanted, and then transformed it into something amazing! This is definitely a great idea for a gift, and I can’t wait to see more of my own story through their detailed artwork!”
Best for: Teams of 3 – 25
HeyTaco is a Slack integration focused on verbal recognition and acts of kindness. The service gets your entire team to use a taco icon as a universal symbol of gratitude and props. Employees can hand out as many tacos as needed to acknowledge someone awesome. Emojis and little rewards are just another example of employee recognition benefitting from a remote or hybrid workforce.
Why we love it: It focuses on the powerful relationship-developing aspect of recognition.
- Taco “budget” gives everyone plenty of props to hand out
- Gift unlock feature spotlights extra-special achievements
- Team reward feature lets users turn in tacos for custom activities and treats
Notable companies using HeyTaco!:
- Boys and Girls Club of Hood County
- Team and Workspace: $3 per person per month
- Enterprise: Price dependent on needs
- Visit the HeyTaco pricing page for details
Reviewers love how HeyTaco provides immediate feedback:
“HeyTaco allows me to give my coworkers a small token (well, up to five small tokens) of gratitude in coordination with the event in which they earned it. This is immediate feedback. No more waiting for peer reviews (that may not even occur), or losing track of reasons to thank them.”
Best for: Teams of 500+
Fond makes company-wide recognition easier than ever. With a social feed that can be accessed from any device, any time, anywhere, this employee reward system supports virtual, global recognition for diverse teams. Plus, users have access to a massive catalog of rewards and exclusive discounts all over the world.
Why we love it: It supports a unified company culture that transcends different offices, countries, and continents through gratitude.
- Custom recognition occasions help keep communication focused on what matters most
- Cost of living adjustments, language translations, and an international rewards catalog to support global workforces
- Detailed analytics that offers managers deep behavioral and budgetary insights that can help better support employees
Notable companies using Fond:
- WW International
- Hard Rock
Pricing options: Request a demo with Fond to get more information about pricing
On G2.com, a reviewer comments on the value Fond provides across program administration, positively enabling managers, and effectively showcasing employee accomplishments:
For a small company, this is simply a great way to streamline recognition and rewards. But for a larger company, Fond would be hugely beneficial. It allows management to spotlight accomplishments and thank employees, for the whole company to see.
Best for: Teams of 3 – 50
Bonfyre is a one-touch platform for communications, recognition, idea exchange, and even event management. By giving employees what they need to connect, Bonfyre aims to enhance the holistic employee experience.
Why we love it: The events integration adds engagement value away from the desk.
- Live polling for events and speakers
- Quick polls produce valuable feedback fast
- Broadcast feature gets your key messages noticed
Notable companies using Bonfyre:
- Commerce Bank
- Teach for America
Pricing options: Request a quote on Bonfyre’s pricing page
Here’s what users love about Bonfyre:
“Bonfyre” is a great social networking app that allows you to share your photos and videos, as well as group chat with what you’re doing and who you’re doing it with. It’s simply picture messaging that ties in with how you live your life: one moment at a time.”
Best for: Teams of 3 – 25
The Bravo platform aims to optimize, as well as enable, employee recognition. An intelligent interface offers suggestions for who to recognize and tips for making the most impact through your recognition.
Why we love it: It helps everyone learn how to provide truly meaningful recognition.
- Bravo lens helps employees snap pictures of recognized employees in action
- Augmented writing helps everyone best craft recognition messages
- Machine learning algorithm provides recognition suggestions based on emails and other interactions
Pricing options: Request more information on Bravo’s get-in-touch page
One reviewer loves how Bravo makes peer recognition easy:
“It’s maintaining proper data of all my company members, I can easily select the peer whom I want to appreciate, we can choose recognition from multiple categories.”
Best for: Teams of 25 – 100
Give employees rewards they really want with WeGift—a virtual gift-giving platform that allows recipients to choose from a vast catalog of rewards. The platform can accommodate peer-to-peer gifting, bulk gift sends, virtual gifts, and so much more.
Why we love it: It provides companies with their very own flexible rewards portal that ensures employees get items they love.
- Real-time thank you notes indicate reward success
- Automations make recurring annual rewards a snap
- Campaign-based gifting helps track ROI for different reward types
Notable companies using WeGift:
Pricing options: Request a complimentary Amazon gift card to talk to the WeGift team about your needs
One customer posted this review on TrustPilot:
“I have used WeGift on several occasions through employee offers. It is a simple process and great value. It is easy to buy gift cards and to exchange for goods or give as a present. It is delivered by email. I have also had to contact the customer services department for an error on my part. They resolved the issue quickly and efficiently. Highly recommended.”
Bonus: Reward Gateway
Best for: Teams of 200+
The Reward Gateway platform helps companies incentivize positive behaviors with the aim of cultivating long-term business growth and solid relationships. By facilitating behavior-based awards, Reward Gateway empowers employees to better understand company values and expectations.
Why we love it: Behavior-based rewards help boost employee-employer harmony.
- Team challenges provide healthy competition
- Machine learning technology provides specific recommendations
- Team-, location-, and role-based analytics point out trends
Notable companies using Reward Gateway:
- Discovery Channel
Pricing options: Request a demo to learn more about Reward Gateway’s pricing structure
Here’s what one reviewer likes best about Reward Gateway:
“We are really enjoying using this (the recognition tool). With multiple locations and staff so spread out, it’s difficult to help them feel like they are a part of our organization. This has helped our staff become more unified.”
Bonus: Vantage Circle
Best for: Teams of 500+
Vantage Circle is a one-stop employee engagement and employee benefits platform that strives to celebrate your workforce. This comprehensive yet cost-effective solution is designed with the intent to help organizations in attracting and retain their top talents.
Why we love it: It comprises four different aspects of making people feel engaged in one single suite of solutions.
- Delivers 3 seamless integrations including chat collaboration
- Gift cards are available in 55+ countries
- Real-time data analytics for Admins to check engagement levels
Notable companies using Vantage Circle:
Pricing options: Vantage Circle offers a free trial and 3 paid version plans. For any further details, visit the Vantage Circle pricing page.
One happy user wrote the following review on G2.com:
“I appreciate this platform where the contributions of self and colleagues are recognized, which leads to self-satisfaction. Vantage Circle provides a sense of oneness in the team and improves our engagement”.
Best for: Teams of 3 – 25
Credly is a digital credentialing platform companies can use to celebrate employees for their demonstrated skills and talents. Teams can create their own digital credentials and then start recognizing employees who achieve them.
Why we love it: Employees will love receiving recognition for specific skills.
- Promotion tools let employees show off their credentials on other platforms
- Metadata options allow users to add testimonials to their creds
- Analytics pinpoint employee interests as well as achievements
Notable companies using Credly:
Pricing options: Request information to learn more about Credly’s pricing structure
This quote from a case study explains why IBM started a digital credentialing program:
“IBM will always attract the world’s best and brightest. With our digital credentials program, we want to shift mindsets in our industry and make tech more diverse and inclusive. We want to bring in people with non-traditional backgrounds, attract people re-entering the workforce or relaunching their careers. We want to create more jobs for people where tech jobs are scarce to create a more diverse and inclusive workforce.”
Best for: Teams of 3 – 50
Preciate’s model is based on what they call Culture Nirvana,™ the balance between cognitive culture and emotional culture. This staff recognition app helps companies find and recalibrate any out-of-balance culture touchpoints.
Why we love it: It promotes an emphasis on balance that feeds healthy, holistic workplace cultures.
- Activity feeds may be displayed to applicants and customers
- Portraits feature makes recognition personal and shareable
- Trending strengths reports give managers a big-picture view
Notable companies using Preciate:
- Allegis Group
- American Airlines
- Mission Wealth
- Preciate +: $1.00 /mo/per user
- Premium: $1.50 /mo/per user
- View the Preciate pricing page for details
One happy reviewer loves how Preciate makes it easy to feel connected:
“A quick and easy way to share appreciation and feedback in the moment! Love the ability to “scroll” the wall and see all the amazing things happening throughout the company. In a company with multiple locations it helps feel more connected to the buzz.”
People Also Ask These Questions About Employee Recognition Software
Q: What are the steps to creating a good employee recognition program?
- A: Creating a good employee recognition program that people will actually use involves the following steps:
Step 1: Define the purpose – What is the purpose of the employee recognition program you are starting? Is it to improve employee engagement? Are you experiencing low employee morale? The first step to any good recognition program is defining your “why” and the business outcome you are looking to improve. Having a clear purpose will help guide the design of the rewards program.
Step 2: Determine the criteria – Establish clear criteria for when to use your social recognition program. This can include meeting performance goals, exceeding expectations, contributing to team success, overall company goals, or demonstrating exceptional customer service.
Step 3: Decide on the rewards – Choose the appropriate employee rewards platform that aligns with your business purpose and criteria. Rewards can range from monetary incentives and gift cards to non-monetary rewards such as extra time off or public recognition.
Step 4: Develop the process – Develop an easy-to-understand and transparent process for employees to be nominated and selected for recognition. This can include nomination forms, a selection committee, or a point-based recognition system.
Step 5: Launch the program – Introduce the recognition program to employees and communicate the purpose, criteria, and rewards available. Ensure that all employees have access to information about the recognition program and how to participate.
Step 6: Monitor and evaluate – Regularly monitor and evaluate your employee recognition platform’s effectiveness to ensure it is achieving its intended purpose. Solicit anonymous feedback from employees and make adjustments as needed.
Use these steps as a blueprint for you to create a successful employee recognition program that promotes a positive work culture and motivates employees to perform at their best.
Q: What is employee recognition software?
- A: Employee recognition software is a technology that helps you manage abstract human concepts—like employee satisfaction and relationships—with as much purpose and efficiency as you use to manage project deadlines and sales goals. This type of software helps companies provide feedback strategically, consistently, and measurably.
Q: How do I get company buy-in for employee recognition software?
- A: Get company buy-in for employee recognition software by telling leadership about amazing reporting features and telling employees about usability. Management will love using reporting features to link recognition to goals and ROI. Employees will love easily providing meaningful feedback. Use all the information and bullet points in this roundup to start your pitch.
Q: What do I need to do to get started with rewards software for employees?
- A: To get started with rewards software for employees, you’ll need to consider your budget, your program goals, and your employees’ technology preferences. Keeping all these factors in mind, you can browse a list of rewards software options and pick an option that best fits your team and your goals.
Q: How do I measure the success of my employee recognition platform?
- A: You can measure the success of your employee recognition platform in several different ways: direct feedback, quick polls, the ratio of adoption, platform usage rate, reward redemption rate, influence on job performance, and so much more. Most available employee recognition platforms have robust tracking and analytics in place. Once you establish your key metrics, your program success should be a breeze to evaluate.
Q: Are there free employee recognition software?
- A: There are plenty of free employee recognition software options available that still boast a variety of useful features. Browse this list to find software with free plans.
Q: How does an employee recognition platform help with employee engagement?
- A: An employee recognition platform can help with employee engagement by making it easier for employees to get and also review the feedback they need. These platforms empower employees to get more feedback than they’ve ever received before. This visibility removes doubt and uncertainty, helping employees engage deeply in pursuing crystal-clear goals and trajectories.
Q: Does software for employee recognition really work?
- A: Employee recognition software works for many companies because it helps them provide strategic, consistent, and measurable feedback. Even companies with strong casual recognition cultures can benefit from software that provides a framework and platform for managing abstract, but incredibly important, work concepts, such as satisfaction, happiness, and camaraderie.
Q: Can a peer-to-peer recognition platform improve company culture?
- A: A peer-to-peer recognition platform can improve company culture by fostering goodwill, accountability, collaboration, and so much more. Consider how it feels each time you receive a compliment from a colleague. Recognition platforms help employees feel those positive feelings on a daily basis.
Q: What makes good peer-to-peer recognition software?
- A: Good peer-to-peer recognition software will be easy for employees of all technological skill levels to use and adopt. Software that incorporates social sharing features helps increase program adoption and buzz. Browse features for a variety of recognition software here.
Q: How many hours a week will it take to manage an employee recognition platform?
- A: Most employee recognition platforms manage themselves; after an administrator completes the initial setup, organic participation should flourish with little hands-on management. The specific hours it takes to manage an engagement platform will ultimately depend on the platform you choose and how involved you wish to get in pulling reports and studying analytics.
Q: How do remote employees benefit from peer-to-peer recognition software?
- A: Remote employees benefit from peer-to-peer recognition software that makes them feel more connected. Remote employees may feel disconnected or isolated, but even just a few kind words can help them remember they’re valued members of a team.
Bonusly makes work better for everyone. It empowers teams across the world to recognize and reward one another for the great work they do day in, and day out. There is a major opportunity for cultural growth and improvement in most organizations, but few truly effective tools to focus on that opportunity
Thanks Opjee – we agree with you! Do you use Bonusly as well?
I am using kazoo to keep track progress of the project but sometimes when any employee uploads their report it takes time to get published on our group. I contacted customer care but don’t get any solution. Have you faced any issues like this?
Hey Rose – thanks for sharing this with us! We have not experienced this particular issue with Kazoo. Do you know what device/browser they are using that is causing this?
Snappy is our company’s favorite. It has cool features and we find that we can easily organize every task really well, plus it is rewarding!
We use awardco and I like them.
I personally loving to use kazoo to keep a look on the progress of different projects and its really amazing. thanks
We’ve been using Nectar for the last 2 years. It’s an amazing software.
Thanks for sharing your experience Deidre! Would you be interested in supplying a quote that we can add to the content here?
These are very good employee recognition softwares.
Thanks for this very informative post on your website. and we hope you will keep it up.
Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck with the upcoming update. This article is really very interesting and effective.
thanks for the information I’m looking for this kind of software
Hello! Thanks for sharing these effective tips! I use recognition software platforms and reward programs in my work experience, but in this article I found new platforms and apps. I think they will help me to do my work better.
Thanks for writing such a great article! We all know that how challenging was this year(2021). We all are working from home and are facing some short of problems. But when it comes to mental health as a HR manager of our company I had shared your article with my team and belief it or not after reading your article every one is in a good state of mental health as for every one you have provided an activities.
This is such a great article as you have almost covered every possible activate which one can think of.
Hoping to get more such helpful articles.
This employee recognition software is very important software and this software is very important
I really enjoy using kazoo to track the progress of many projects, and it is very fantastic. thanks
I personally love using kazoo to keep track of the progress of various projects and it’s really amazing.
We’ve been using Nectar since the last 2 years. It’s really an amazing software.