The time has finally come to say goodbye.
You’ve been working hard for many years and you’re ready to retire.
It’s a big decision, but now is that perfect moment for reflection and relaxation as well as spending more quality time with your loved ones. As you embark on your retirement journey, there is no doubt that you will be riddled with mixed emotions. You’ll feel excited for the new opportunities and challenges that await you in this next chapter of life, but at the same time, it can be hard to say goodbye to a life’s worth of memories and relationships.
“Retirement may be an ending, a closing, but it is also a new beginning.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Anyone entering into retirement needs to have a plan in place for the next chapter of their life. One way to do that is by making sure that you have all of your affairs in order beforehand so there are no surprises when the time comes.
While retirement may mean the end of one’s current career, it does not have to be the end of their social life. There are many ways to stay connected with friends and family during this transition in life.
We have compiled a list of great retirement wishes and messages to send to your employees, managers, family, or friends as they move onto their next adventure!
Let’s check out the best retirement wishes and messages in 2022.
Hey! Are you looking for a way to wish your newly retired colleague “good luck” as they move on to their next adventure?
Check out CareCards — a great way to recognize your employee’s special moment with a colorful compilation of heartfelt messages from their fellow colleagues.
Caroo’s specially designed CareCards program is a fun tool for distributed teams to celebrate a retirement in style! You can also order your retiring coworker a personalized gift from the team right off the Caroo gifting platform.
Retirement Wishes & Messages For A Boss
1. “Thank you for always supporting our team with your constant positivity and encouragement. We will miss you!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Make sure the retiree enjoys some fine wine and healthy yummy snacks with Sips + Snacks gift box.
2. “To a boss who has made a strong and lasting impact on me, may your retirement be everything you’ve hoped for.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Make your manager feel special and appreciated with this Personalized Thank You Gift.
3. “You were a good boss because more than instructions, you gave us direction and inspiration. Happy retirement.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: The Compact Swivel Cheese Board will take your boss’ next cheese and wine night to the next level.
4. “The office won’t be the same without you, boss. You were our favorite person to annoy.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: The VIP Treatment is an excellent care package that ensures the retired employer receives a deluxe and fine retirement gift to say “Thank you” for his amazing leadership.
Retirement Wishes & Messages For A Coworker
1. “Thank you for always creating a motivating atmosphere all around the office. I will always miss your presence here. Have a great life ahead! I hope you get to experience all the adventures you wanted to after retirement and hope you enjoy every bit of your life.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: The Lavender Eye Pillow is the perfect gift idea that promotes self-care and relaxation. With more free time now, your retired coworker will truly enjoy this thoughtful gift.
2. “To one of the best people in the office, congratulations on your retirement!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Whether your colleague wants to be a full-time grill master or just enjoy barbecue Sundays with best friends the Smoke and Spice Griller Gift Box is a must.
3. “Whatever comes next for you, may it bring you the same joy and fulfillment as you brought us!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Team Hunt will make your coworkers’ retirement party full of laughter and fun. This game is all bout teammates guessing facts about each other and allows the retiree to be engaged in one last team bonding activity with employees before setting into new adventures.
4. “Having you as a coworker has been nothing but a delight. I wish you a fantastic retirement life! We’ll miss you!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: A Virtual Lunch Party will be a great idea to celebrate the new chapter ahead. Family members can be invited to join in as well!
Retirement Wishes & Messages For An Employee
1. “The office won’t be the same without you! You’ll be missed every day.“
- This retirement message pairs well with: The Unplugged Box will allow the retired employee to unwind, recharge and stay in good health.
2. “You will always be remembered for your hard work throughout the years. Thank you for your dedication to the team. Enjoy your retirement!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Retirements card messages and wishes are best paired with the Many Thanks box to show your gratitude and appreciation.
3. “If you put in as much effort enjoying your retirement as you have while working with this company, it is sure to be a success!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Thank your employee for his hard work and years of service with the Gift of Gratitude.
4. “Enjoy the fruits of your hard labor. Here’s to wishing you a relaxing and wonderful retirement.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: With their newfound freedom and endless “day off”s, the Tumbling Tower Game is the perfect new entertainment.
Retirement Wishes & Messages For A Friend
1. “Cherish every moment of this time and revel in this new stage of your life. Happy retirement!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: The Mindfulness Box is a great “good luck” gift that features delicious and nutritious treats for a healthy retirement, a journal to jot down their thoughts, an enamel mug, and much more for their new journey.
2. “After climbing the mountain, you finally can enjoy the view. Congratulations on your retirement! Enjoy the amazing view!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: “Retirement means more adventure, more coffee breaks, and definitely not the end of the road. The Anywhere Travel Guide is the ultimate travel and discovery game for anyone with a travel bug.
3. “I’m glad that you are finally retiring. Now should we start planning all the trips that we didn’t get to go? Oh my, good days here we come!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Warm nights in with grandkids will never be complete without the Cozy & Calm pack. This winter pack which features a fleece blanket, bamboo soy candle, hot chocolate canister, and a ceramic mug will make “doing nothing” nights worthwhile.
4. “Congratulations on your new freedom. Now we will get to see you more. Enjoy every moment of your new life.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Well-wishes should be accompanied by Simple Loose Tea Leaf subscription box which is all bout exploring unique, seasonal, and different kinds of tea that de-stress and promote good health.
Funny Retirement Wishes & Messages
1. “Congrats, you’re now your own boss!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Have retirees sip wine in style with the Funny Wine Glass.
2. “Welcome to the next stage of your life, where every day is the weekend!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Raise a toast, and say Cheers to the retiree’s new life while learning more about beer with a Beer Tasting experience.
3. “Never again will you have to face dreaded Mondays! Enjoy, mate!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Make sure that your retired friend or colleague is always hydrated and healthy with Asobu Flavour U See.
4. “Bye Bye Tension, Hello Pension. Happy Retirement!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Officially Retired is the perfect pair of socks for any soon-to-be retiree.
Happy Retirement Wishes & Messages
1. “You’re free as a bird! You’ve earned your wings! Enjoy your retirement.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: The North Face Canyon Fleece Jacket is durable, trendy, comes in different colors, and is a great retirement gift idea.
2. “Happy Retirement! It’s time to kick back and enjoy. You’ve earned it!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: If your retired employer, employee or coworker is a wine lover, they will love the California Wine Mixer and will thank you while enjoying every sip.
3. “Put on your dancing shoes now that you’ve made your mark and paid your dues! It’s time to party for retirement!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Flavors of the World Box is a piece of culinary heaven in a box. It features different, international recipes that are a dream come true for any retired person who loves creating new and delicious meals.
4. “You’re retiring! I may be jealous, but mostly just happy for you. Congrats!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: The Grill Master is an excellent retirement gift for any grill lover retiree!
Emotional Retirement Wishes & Messages
1. “I’m sorry to see you go, but I’m glad you have so much fun ahead of you. Keep in touch and enjoy your retirement!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: The Retirement Count Down Calendar is all about motivation and anticipation while waiting on that highly well-deserved freedom!
2. “You will be best remembered as a great motivator, the one who brings out the best in others. Happy wishes as you retire.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: The Nightsky is a thoughtful personalized employee gift that makes any retiree feel appreciated and valued. A favorite quote, the retiree’s name, and date of retirement can be added to this beautifully customized gift.
3. “Wishing a very special colleague nothing but a happy and peaceful retirement. May your wishes and dreams come true.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: The Custom Message Shortbread Cookies are delicious and mouthwatering retirement treats that anyone would love!
4. “After years of hard work, you have finally attained this milestone. May your faithful service all these years bring to your life every blessing you stand in need of. Have the happiest of retirements.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: If you want to send your retired friend or family member a funny retirement gift, look no further than the How Retirees Tell Time affordable gift.
Creative Retirement Wishes & Messages
1. “Retirement – the only real excuse you’ll ever have to spend your entire life’s savings. Have fun!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: With more free time now, the retired would appreciate the 1,000 Piece Puzzle that will offer hours of entertainment and staying busy.
2. “Kudos, Felicitations, Congratulations! However you say it, I’m proud of you and happy for you for reaching this amazing milestone.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Cheers to You gift box is ideal to celebrate the new milestone with loved ones.
3. “There are all sorts of things that you will have to learn how to do off the clock now, like making coffee.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: A going away party is never a party with the Mixology Class from the comfort of your home. By the end of this experience, your retired colleague will most probably develop a new passion and skill.
4. “You can be taken out of the workforce, but the workforce can never be taken out of you. I am confident you’ll never stop working on things you love to do.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Say bye to the same quick and simple lunches! The Spanish Food Subscription Box will make anybody’s taste buds fire up and dance!
Short Retirement Wishes & Messages
1. “Well done! You’ve worked so hard and deserve a little R & R in retirement.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Foods For Health is a thoughtful gift that encourages clean eating and Is about staying healthy and happy.
2. “Sending happy retirement wishes your way! “
- This retirement message pairs well with: The Funny Retirement Beach Clock will remind every retiree that there’s no rush or deadlines anymore, and now is the time to chill out and take it easy.
3. “Best wishes for a carefree and relaxing retirement.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: This going away gift Snack Box includes scrumptious nutritious snacks that can be enjoyed alone or with friends.
4. “May you have a long, happy, and fulfilling retirement.”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Bath House Bliss is the ultimate experiential gift any retiree needs to feel pampered and spoiled after years of hard work and dedication.
Thank You Retirement Wishes & Messages
1. “Thanks for being a spirited professional, a helpful coworker, and a great friend. Now go and relax!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Make sure your retired coworker or employee stays up to date with the latest tech gadgets. The Tech Lovers box includes useful accessories and tools that any retiree will need.
2. “It’s impossible to overstate how valuable you’ve been for our team – we wish you the very best in your retirement and thank you for all that you’ve done!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Retirement Planning Guide is perfect to plan the next stage of the retired person’s life. Retirement is a beginning- so what’s better than this guide to plan for life after work?
3. “Having you as a coworker has been no less than a gift. Your influence around the office will be deeply missed and never forgotten. Thank you!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: Massage is therapy, and who deserves it more than a hard-working employee who is about to retire? The Personal Massage ensures that the retiree gets the royal treatment and the break that they deserve.
4. “Thank you for always being a dedicated worker, a compassionate friend, and a source of encouragement. Your positive attitude will truly be missed!”
- This retirement message pairs well with: The Moroccan Meditation Retreat promotes emotional health, reduces anxiety, and offers numerous benefits that positively impact any individual’s physical and psychological health.
People Also Ask These Questions About Retirement Wishes & Messages
Q: What is a good retirement message?
- A: A good retirement message is one that celebrates the individual, honors their contributions, and puts them in the context of a collective effort. The best messages are those that take into account what someone has accomplished while at work, have them reflect on what they have learned along the way or from mistakes made.
Q: What are the benefits of sending someone a retirement message?
- A: Retirement messages are an excellent way to show that you care about them and want the best for their future. This can help create a sense of emotional validation when they’re leaving, which will make it an easier transition into retirement life.
Q: How do I respond to retirement wishes and messages?
- A: A good way to respond to retirement wishes is to thank the person sincerely. Thank them for their kind thoughts, and let them know that they are sincerely appreciated.
Q: What is a good retirement gift to pair with a retirement wish?
- A: A good retirement gift will depend on the person’s interests. But it might be more important to make sure this gift comes from the heart and includes a personal touch.