Last Updated on
How can team-building companies make your life easier?
We’re so glad you asked!
Just imagine this is your to-do list. (Or maybe it really is!)
- Finish evaluation survey
- Download payroll report
- Format Powerpoint for tomorrow’s presentation
- Practice tomorrow’s presentation
- Create an office team-building strategy
- Complete supply inventory
- Reorder low supplies
- Call vendors for conference
- Draft HR communications email
- Call top 5 job candidates to set up interview
What’s the most alarming thing about this? Sure, it’s more stuff than anyone truly has time to do in a day, but we’re honing in on the “create an office team-building strategy” line item.
Team building is an ongoing process—not just one line-item on a to-do list!
We’re not blaming you. Clearly, you’re a very busy person. That’s why team-building companies can make your life easier while boosting teamwork at your company.
Team-building companies can leverage their expertise, experience, and data toward the goal of enhancing teamwork. Plus, many companies focus on team-building exclusively, so they can dedicate serious time to giving team-building the attention it deserves.
Keep reading to explore the team-building companies that can help you help employees work better together.
Team-Building Company Spotlights
These team-building companies leverage expertise, research, and years of hands-on experience toward the goal of helping your team work as cohesively as possible.
1. The Go Game
Team-building events don’t plan themselves. Too often, the person or team responsible for planning events ends up missing out on the events. They’re running around making sure everything goes smoothly, they’re taking attendance and explaining rules, or they’re sitting quietly in a corner, exhausted from weeks of planning.
Go Game allows companies to outsource planning team-building events. That way, everyone, and we mean everyone, can focus on having fun. They also offer a virtual team building experience called Go Remote that provides all of the same excitement that an in-person event brings to the table only in an online format.
Use example: You know you want to plan a fun team-building event, something like a scavenger hunt or a game show. You Google how to pull this off and find a hefty list of logistical to-dos and equipment you need. Then you find Go Game, and you realize all your problems are solved.
Best for: Busy teams who want the flexibility to engage in team-building any place and any time they want.
- Brainstorm brand-new event options with Go Game’s expert team
- Games incorporate mobile technology and years of production expertise
Why people love them:
These event experts work with you to bring you dream team-building event to life.
Here’s one client gushing about fantastic customer service:
“Every interaction I had with the staff was outstanding. Everyone was energetic and knowledgeable. . . .”
2. Let’s Roam
Let’s Roam takes team-building fun very seriously. An exploration and adventure company, their team-building offerings were developed specifically with corporate teams in mind. The Let’s Roam event team packs each custom event with activities/challenges proven to boost morale, increase communication, spark collaboration, and foster employee happiness. They offer two equally fun team-building event options:
Corporate Team Building Scavenger Hunt: Adventure is out there, and Let’s Roam will help you find it! Corporate Team Building Scavenger Hunts take employees on epic city tours, leading them to hidden gems and “must-see” landmarks. Along their journey, teams search for clues, discover surprising facts, and take funny photos/videos.
Virtual Team Building Events: What happens when you combine fun online games with built-in video conferencing technology? Remote team building magic! Let’s Roam’s virtual team builder was designed specifically with remote teams in mind. The games (trivia, charades, “Let’s Draw”) will show you new, hilarious sides to your coworkers. For an extra layer of get-to-know-you goodness, Let’s Roam integrates personalized player trivia into the game.
Use example: Your team is in need of a morale boost and a jolt of fun. They need something energizing to bring them together, something that will meaningfully bond them, get them laughing, and feed their adventurous spirit.
Best for: Fun-loving teams seeking a one-of-a-kind experience tailored to their company’s needs/goals. Whether your remote team wants to spice it up with virtual competition or your office is hungry to get out and explore, Let’s Roam’s flexible team building solutions are the perfect fit.
- Let’s Roam uses next-level technology to provide corporate clients with exciting, seamless experiences.
- With upgrades, customizations, flexibility, and dedicated event planners, Let’s Roam works hard to make team building dreams come true.
Why people love them: The Let’s Roam offers world-class event customization and expectation-exceeding service. Take it from one very happy client:
“The Let’s Roam team is second to none. They went above and beyond, making it easy to incorporate questions about our company into the hunt and they accommodated all of our last minute requests. I am already brainstorming ways to work with them again. If you’re looking for a unique way to engage and energize your team, talk to Let’s Roam.“
When you want to remodel your office space, you take the work to expert contractors. When you need legal advice, you take your queries to a specialized law firm. So when you want to build a stronger team, why wouldn’t you take your goal to the team-building experts?
The experts at Outback Team Building have worked with tons of teams and know exactly what yours needs to grow closer and work better together. Approach this company to receive a customized team-building proposal. For a limited time, the Outback Team is running a 50% off promotion for their new Virtual Team Building experiences – learn more here!
These include the following 4 game types:
Clue Murder Mystery: Gather your remote team online and collaborate virtually to crack the case of a deadly crime in this virtual murder mystery team building activity. Which team will be the first to solve the murder of millionaire, Neil Davidson?
Game Show Extravaganza: Remote teams can go head-to-head in this virtual online gameshow competition. Together, teams will need to tackle photo and trivia challenges covering everything from pop culture to politics as they race against the clock.
Code Break: Solve online puzzles, riddles, and trivia with your remote colleagues in this brain-boggling virtual team building competition. This virtually-hosted activity is ideal for groups that love solving complex-problems and aren’t afraid of a little friendly competition.
Team Pursuit: Get your remote team together to compete in a series of online mental, physical, skill, and mystery challenges. The virtually-hosted team pursuit activity will allow you to get to know your colleagues better, and enhance communication skills, while showcasing each individual’s hidden talents.
Use Example: You notice that everyone on your team works well together, but you find there’s a special sauce, an alchemy if you will, that’s just missing. You approach Outback Team Building to get a team-building proposal that promises to take teamwork and inspiration to the next level.
Best for: Large, process-oriented teams
- Customized proposals
- Flexible activity options
Why people love them:
They offer personalized training to boost engagement.
Here’s a line from one of the company’s case studies:
“Typically, training can be met with resistance…but Lyndon always makes it fascinating for our team. He’s extraordinarily dynamic, empathetic, really engaging, and an amazing listener. Each time we have him, he takes the time to understand the audience and direct the training for them. I think that’s really unique and special.”
Team Building is essential to increase motivation, maximize productivity, and encourage positive collaboration. However, for all of that to happen – your team building activity has to be fun and no one brings the fun to team building quite like The Escape Game.
Their one-of-a-kind escape rooms make for amazing in-person team building activities and are also offered as virtual team building experiences with The Escape Game Remote Adventures. Be warned, though, if you take your team to play once they will be begging to go back again!
Use example: You’re sick of putting together the same old boring team building events with ice breakers, happy hours, or even trust falls. Looking for a ready made team-building event that will work and your team will actually like, you come across The Escape Game – the ideal place for team building.
Best for: Teams of any size, located in one place or different spots around the world, that want a shared experience to bring them together and build skills that translate back to the office.
- Best-in-class guest experience that helps you coordinate every detail of your event
- Ability to host teams of tens to in the hundreds of participants
Why people love them:
Any team who goes to The Escape Game has a blast and walks away with plenty of great memories to take back to the office.
Here is a brief quote from a happy participant:
“We went here for a work team building day and had SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!”
Since 1997 Summit has been helping teams grow and companies flourish. Designed specifically for a corporate audience, Summit delivers a unique blend of content and experience by highly trained, fun and professional facilitators. Select from entertaining team building events, engaging training workshops, and inspiring and insightful keynote presentations.
Use Example: You want a team building session that is inclusive, engaging and designed just for you. Reward your team with a virtual or in-person team building event that will be remembered for all the right reasons. Whether you are looking for an energizing break, to develop strong collaborative relationships, to gain new skills and enhance performance, or to inspire, Summit has the program for you.
- Team Building: Short and fun virtual and in-person events designed to strengthen the foundation of your team.
- Training Workshops: Develop skills and enhance individual and team performance. Virtual and in-person options available.
- Keynote: Learn and be inspired by incredible adventure stories from Mt Everest and the South Pole while gaining insights into building high performance teams, setting audacious goals, and overcoming challenge.
Best For: Large and small teams that want a high-quality session designed around engagement and ROI.
- Delivering programs internationally for over 20 years
- Delivered leadership and team performance programs for some of the top EMBA and MBA programs in the world
- Learn from someone who has climbed Everest, the 7 summits, and trekked to the North and South Poles
Why People Love Them:
Summit builds strong personal relationships with their clients making you feel special and delivering the right program when you need it.
Here is a notable piece of background information from CEO David Musyj:
“During our 7 years working with Summit our organization has excelled in performance and financially. We would not be where we are without the Summit Team. The Summit team is just that, part of our team. They have regularly been involved in leadership training, workshops and retreats. They have grown with the organization and provided the necessary tools for our organization to excel. I strongly recommend Summit for your organization – large or small.”
The “WITS” in WITS Team Building actually stands for Workplace Interactive Team Building Seminars. Their philosophy puts an emphasis on fun. All their team-building events follow a tried-and-true approach that starts with laughter and ends with lasting memories of bonding,
Use Example: Performance in your unit has been amazing, but lately, you feel like noone is really having fun. You switch things up with team-building events from WITS. The laugher and smiles last for weeks.
Best for: Solid teams looking for a good time
- One-of-a-kind workshop format
- Nationwide service
Why people love them:
They get teammates interacting in valuable ways.
Here’s one glowing client testimonial:
“I can’t express how great of an opportunity this was for me. It was extremely valuable in not only the content, but the team building and the chance to see the members of our group in person in a team atmosphere.”
7. Museum Hack
This company organizes team-building museum tours. And you get way more than just a tour. Museum Hack also plans icebreakers and side activities into your tour. Each activity is customized for the team, so the event will be something that suits your specific group and your company.
Use Example: Everyone rolls their eyes when you bring up traditional team-building activities. But you know you have a few art and history buffs in residence. You try a team-building museum tour and everyone has a great time.
Best for: Small, tight-knit teams
- Customized tours
- Thoughtful icebreakers
Why people love them:
They provide invigorating, laughter-filled activities.
You can take this customer’s word for it:
“I’ve been going to the MET over the years and the the tour totally reframed how I saw the museum. The two hours were full of laughter and great games. Overall it left left us feeling inspired, re-charged and invigorated. I’m signing-up for more of these.”
This company brings Everything DiSC and The Five Behaviours tools into team-building training to give clients research-based bonding opportunities.
Use Example: Your team is “anti-fluff.” They always want to see the source, the data behind the assumption, or the specific page number for your quote. You tell them you’ve found a team-building training based on organizational psychology principles. Everyone is on board.
Best for: Teams filled with analytical people.
- Certification programs
- Robust support
Why people love them:
They offer personalized support. one customer said in a case study.
“The Fruitful Team developed and delivered a two-day custom certification program for trainers and HR partners in our organization,” “The team worked with us closely to make sure we were tracking to expectations. I would certainly recommend them to others.”
Habitat for Humanity may be a nonprofit working to get everyone into a home, but they made it on our list of team-building companies because of their group volunteering opportunities.
Habitat will cover all the details for your group volunteering adventure, and your team will bond as they do good deeds together.
Use Example: Your team is full of idealists, and you want to find team-building events that leave them feeling fulfilled. You sign up for a group business partner volunteer opportunity with Habitat for Humanity, and no one can wait to get together to build housing for those in need.
Best for: Teams full of active, philanthropic employees
- Pre-planned jobs and tasks that match skill levels
An Experiential Learning team kit comes with supplies, facilitator notes, and everything else you need to engage in 16 different activities at your team’s own pace.
Research-backed methodology goes into each of this company’s training kits, so you know you’re getting the best out-of-the-box solution money can buy.
Use Example: You’re a self-starter. You typically like to make and plan as many things as possible. However, the free team-building activity PDFs you’ve been finding online don’t quite meet your need. You find these all-in-one kits and love that you now have everything you need to take charge of team building right in the palm of your hand.
- Participant questionnaires
- Detailed facilitator guide
- Online database with extension materials
Why people love them:
They help people understand what makes a team. said one customer.
“We use this on our Emerging Leaders program, a 4 day residential program, which bring together some of the top upcoming leaders from companies such as SAAB, Toyota, BHP, BMW, etc.,” “It has a tremendous dynamic in enabling people to see for themselves how teams work – or don’t! Fantastic tool, well worth it, and more than exceeds value for money.”
Even More Team-Building Companies
Can’t get enough team-building companies? We know your kind. (Hint: Because we’re the same kind!) Here are some other team-building companies to explore.
11. Odyssey Teams
- What they do: Design programs (which they frequently evaluate and modify to maximize success) to help companies build better teams. Programs include Helping Hands, Playhouse Challenge, and Team Mosaic.
- Why people love them: “It is a great cause and a great program and the feedback that we received from the team far and away was that it was the best team building event they have ever participated in,” said one happy customer. “Not to forget the perspective, collaboration, and business aspects that were driven home as well. I heard “life changing” on several occasions! It was the perfect way to start out our meeting and really set the tone for what we wanted to accomplish. We all walked away better for it and I’ve never seen so much enthusiasm from this group as they left a meeting like this getting ready to go back and make a difference in their jobs, and their lives!”
12. Unicef USA
- What they do: Provide the tools and platform teams need to plan a fundraising event for children while increasing team bonding.
- Why people love them: Feel-good bonding meets feel-good volunteering? What’s not to love?
13. Six Seconds
- What they do: Offer emotional intelligence training that enhances employees’ ability to collaborate. Training happens on an individual level, but everyone gets team-sized results.
- Why people love them: Building emotional intelligence benefits multiple areas of life, even beyond teamwork.
- What they do: Provide critical humanitarian services for disaster recovery. Their volunteer opportunities (in everything from disaster response to fundraising) organically promote team building
- Why people love them: Helping others in times of disaster brings people together like nothing else.
- What they do: Connect teams with a curated list of high-end experiences for team-building and lasting memories.
- Why people love them: Exciting activities in (sometimes) exotic locations bring team-building events to the vacation level.
- What they do: Talk to clients about their team-building goals and build customized experiences. They even handle all the planning details.
- Why people love them: “We had a wonderful experience in our Do Good Bus,” says one customer. “It was very rewarding out of the routine to help others that have a need. The group at the horse rescue we worked at was also very kind and grateful of our help. The entire TeamBonding group was professional. Made my job as a planner that much easier and I was able to join the experience instead of having to help facilitate it.”
- What they do: Among other things, this group sponsors volunteer vacations that would make perfect team-building for outdoorsy groups.
- Why people love them: Outdoorsy athleticism and team bonding make an irresistible combination.
18. Facet 5
- What they do: Provide research-based personality profiles teams can use to understand each other and work better together.
- Why people love them: The individual-up approach to strong teams gives employees something to take away for the long term.
19. Map Consulting
- What they do: Provide comprehensive training experiences that give leaders and team members everything they need to improve long-term teamwork skills.
- Why people love them: “As a result of MAP’s follow-up after the program, with me and my boss, progress on balancing my personal production with time for developing other producers on my team is accelerating,” says one happy customer. “What’s more, my boss is much better informed for more effective, on-going coaching with me. Everybody wins!”
Bonus: Firefly Team Events
- What they do: Provide an extensive list of turnkey team-building experiences and “create-your-own” event options that lead to lots of fun and lots of bonding.
- Why people love them: Extensive choices help companies get something designed just for them.
Bonus: Work Ethic
- What they do: Offer coaching and assessments designed to help groups of individuals working to bring out the unified team within.
- Why people love them: Leaving a training with applicable knowledge equals a team-building gift that keeps giving.
Bonus: Connections Team Building
- What they do: Create and facilitate team building programs in Colorado. These range from outdoor Scaventures aboard snowmobiles and jeeps, to trivia game shows and DiSC-powered leadership training.
- Why people love them: Connections Team Building and Training has crafted a unique selection of programs, each designed to enhance the group’s collaborative skill sets and encourage individual development. Their attention to professional abilities is balanced by a commitment to providing extreme fun that stimulates the imagination. Equipment and expert facilitators are all provided, meaning groups just need to show up and enjoy great experiences! Many of their programs also capitalize on the beauty of their Colorado surroundings, making for team building exercises that can’t be experienced anywhere else on the planet.
Outside-the-Box: Alternatives to Team-Building Companies
Give these alternative team-building company ideas a try when you want to mix things up or target different skill-areas under the blanket of team unity.
- Contact a local psychologists
- Psychologists, especially behavioral psychologists, know why we do the things we do, and they’re always on the hunt to learn more. Consider inviting psychology researchers in your area to do a teamwork exercise with your group. They can get fodder for potentially publishable research, and you can get personalized insights.
- If you’re not interested in participating in research, then you could contact local psychologists or therapists to see if they have ever considered working with office teams.
- Find a retired drill instructor
- Military drill instructors know a thing or two about getting multiple people to work as a unit. Maybe you don’t want to do a team bootcamp, but you could approach this person with some team goals and ask them to create light exercises and activities to bring your group closer.
- Retired athletic coaches
- Athletic coaches also know a thing or two about getting multiple people to work as a unit. Ask retired coaches if they would be interested in creating a mixed program of athletics, games, and old-fashioned bonding exercises.
People Also Ask These Questions About Team Building Companies
Q: What are team-building companies?
- A: Team-building companies can leverage their expertise, experience, and data toward the goal of enhancing teamwork. Plus, many companies focus on team-building exclusively, so they can dedicate serious time to giving team-building the attention it deserves.
Q: How can team-building companies make your life easier?
- A: Team-building is an ongoing process—not just one line-item on a to-do list! The right team building company handles every step of the process from planning to running programs the day of your event. That’s why team-building companies can make your life easier while boosting teamwork at your company.
Q: What should I look for in a team-building company?
- A: The best team-building companies are ones that act as your partner and work with you to ensure that the event is successful. There are many team building companies that make it a priority to customize their programs based on what is important at both your company and at the individual team level. As a result, the time spent on team building directly works on dynamics that fit your culture.
We hope you enjoyed our list of team building companies. Let us know what you think the comment section below!