Looking for a fun way to cheer for a coworker or an employee? Or perhaps you’re just looking for a way to make them laugh?
Whether it’s a work anniversary or an ordinary day and you’re feeling like showing some love and appreciation, we’ve got some ideas for you. Let’s face it, its a new decade and employee recognition is as important as it ever has been for your employees and your business.
“If organizations double the number of employees who receive recognition for their work on a weekly basis, they will experience a 24 percent improvement in quality, a 10 percent reduction in shrinkage, and a 27 percent reduction in absenteeism.” — Achievers
This list of 44 wicked fun team building quotes, memes, and jokes is the virtual equivalent of a bottle popping celebration.
Pro-Tip: You can send out a super hype team building announcement with one of these selected quotes to get your employees excited about your upcoming event. You might even want to couple the announcement with a team building box from Caroo for employees to snack on and enjoy before and during the activities.
In that spirit, let’s get it popping!
Fun Team Building Quotes
1) “On this team, we’re all united in a common goal: to keep my job” ― Lou Holtz
2) “One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain’t nothing that can beat teamwork.” ― Edward Abbey
3) “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” ― Michael Jordan“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” - Michael Jordan Click To Tweet
4) “We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.” ― Benjamin Franklin
5) “Sure, there’s no ‘i’ in team, but there is an ‘m’ and an ‘e’.” ― Kevin Myers
6) “A team effort is a lot of people doing what I say.” ― Michael Winner
7) “It takes two flints to make a fire.” ― Louisa May Alcott
8) “We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” ― Jason Kidd
9) “No man is an island, entirely of itself; every man is a piece of the continent.” ― John Donne
10) “Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.” ― Brian Tracy
11) “If work isn’t fun, you’re not playing on the right team.” ― Frank Sonnenberg“If work isn’t fun, you’re not playing on the right team.”- Frank Sonnenberg Click To Tweet
12) “Teamwork means never having to take all the blame yourself.” ― Stephen Hawking
13) “Tough times don’t last, tough people do.” ― Robert H. Schuller
14) “Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy – both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.” ― Michael Scott
Fun Team Building Memes
1. The People Pleaser
This good-natured team building meme is perfect for Mr. or Mrs. Congeniality. Office fans will immediately recognize the entire quote in which Michael explains that he doesn’t need to be liked before he goes on to say he has to be liked.
2. Killing It At Team Building
What can go wrong with team building? Well, according to the picture…everything. The irony of this HR-approved meme is that team building activities are supposed to be inclusive, safe, and good for all — unless a series of unfortunate events occurs.
Pro-Tip: Sending this meme can be a fun way to get your team geared up for your upcoming murder mystery event. The experts at Outback Team Building have curated a Virtual Clue Murder Mystery that will split your coworkers into teams to examine clues, review case files, and channel their inner detectives.
3. Game of Teams
Some people love team building, others just have to be nudged into it, and then they’re sure to fall in love with it. Either way, team building, like the White Walkers in Game of Thrones, is inevitable.
4. It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year…
5. World’s Best Boss
Whether you’re the “Assistant to The Regional Manager” or you work in accounting, Michael Scott would have you know, there’s no boss in team building.
6. Stay Classy Team
Whenever Ron Burgundy blows on his conch shell, the Anchorman team unites. In similar fashion, team building brings your employees or coworkers together!
7. I Love Lamp. I Love Team Building.
When the squad comes together, they come together in full force. Another classic Anchorman scene for the win!
8. Yeah…Um…I’m Gonna Need You To Team Build
Cult film fanatics will immediately recognize this Office Space quote from the 90s classic. The hilariously passive aggressive boss always manages to push Peter’s and Milton’s buttons — who eventually goes onto burn down the office.
9. For A Positive Spin
This Futurama meme teases about the fact that not everyone necessarily thinks they’re going to love team building. But perhaps, if you change the subject, they’ll find themselves enjoying team building without thinking about it.
10. Wicked Fun
You can almost hear her wicked laugh right now, right? The Wicked Witch implores you to up the ante on team building!
11. Is Team Building An Instrument?
Pro-Tip: One of the best ways to shout out team members for their excellent participation in team building is through a social recognition platform such as Nectar. Appreciating your fellow employees through a recognition software is an easy and cost effective way to promote a positive company culture where your coworkers are rewarded and recognized for their contribution!
12. Socially Awkward Penguin To The Rescue
The socially awkward rescue penguin is here to save the day! Our little tuxedoed friend adds levity for those who may be concerned about the social side of team building.
13. Are We Having Fun Yet?
The flipping raft is a playful way of teasing about people’s worst fears when it comes to team building. These group events will always turn out better.
14. Healthy Competition
A little friendly competition never hurt anyone. This humorous corporate meme is all about bringing out the healthy side of competition to get the best results as a team. Whether your team is playing virtual trivia, solving a puzzle, or participating in a real life event set up by a corporate activity solution, their camaraderie will see a major boost.
15. Team Building…But Make It Fashion
Team building can be totally fabulous. To prove it, send this employee-friendly meme to your team and let them know they’re free to add their own flavors and styles to the workplace. Consider pairing this team building meme with a special day like Casual Friday!
16. An Explosively Good Time
Sometimes you just gotta blow things up because YOLO, am I right? Besides, everything is more fun with a little fire. At the very least, let your team know that team building is about to be lit with this explosive team building meme.
Fun Team Building Jokes
1) I always tell new hires, “Don’t think of me as your boss. Think of me as a friend that can fire you.” (Humor That Works)
2) To err is human. To blame it on someone else shows management potential. (Humor That Works)
3) My boss says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that… (Humor That Works)
4) The boss tried to tell me that I intimidate everyone at the office, but I just stared at her until she apologized. (One Line Fun)
5) I don’t mind coming in to work. It’s the eight-hour wait to go home that gets to me. (Distractify)
6) My week’s so rough that after Monday and Tuesday even my calendar says WTF. (Humor That Works)
My week’s so rough that after Monday and Tuesday even my calendar says WTF
7) My last job was helping a one-armed typist do capital letters. It was shift work. (Tickld)
8) I couldn’t work today because of an eye problem. I just can’t see myself working today. (Humor That Works)
9) Tomorrow is a big day for me at work. They are refilling the snack vending machine.
10) I use artificial sweetener at work. I add it to everything I say to my boss. (Humor That Works)
11) If our boss makes a mistake, it is our mistake. (TinyPulse)
12) If you ever do a trust fall .. . . Pick the ground as your partner. The ground will always catch you. (Reddit)
If you ever do a trust fall .. . . Pick the ground as your partner. The ground will always catch you.
13) “If you think your job sucks, remember whenever a famous personality dies, someone at Wikipedia has to change all the verbs to past tense.” (CareerAddict)
14) “My annual performance review says I lack ‘passion and intensity.’ I guess management hasn’t seen me alone with a Big Mac.” (Distractify)
15) I get plenty of exercise – jumping to conclusions, pushing my luck, and dodging deadlines. (Humor That Works)
16) I like work. It fascinates me. I sit and look at it for hours. (Humor That Works)
People Also Ask These Questions About Team Building Quotes, Memes & Jokes
Q: Who should I send a team building meme to?
- A: Employees and coworkers are the right people to send team building memes to. More specifically, there’s no bad time to send a meme. Whether morale is low and it needs a boost, or the team has just had a big win, a meme can add some cheer. Common uses of memes in the workplace are to celebrate a work anniversary or a birthday.
Q: What is a motivational team building quote?
- A: A motivational team building quote is meant to inspire members of the team to unite around a singular purpose. The key to a motivational team building quote is getting cultural buy-in. Whatever corporate culture you’re going for, make sure each member understands it and is fully behind it.
Q: What makes a great team building joke?
- A: A great team building joke gets employees and coworkers to relax and just enjoy the perks of being a part of an awesome team. Work can be serious business, but it doesn’t mean it has to be boring or monotonous. The days will be a lot more enjoyable for employees if they feel safe to laugh and be themselves.
Q: Where can I find team building quotes, memes, and jokes?
- A: There are a number of sites where you can find team building quotes, memes, and jokes, but the best option is to check out a compilation list like this one, so the sourcing part is done. The other thing to consider is that every quote, meme, and joke needs to be something HR would approve of in a corporate environment. The goal is always to bring people together, which means you want to avoid certain subject matter (i.e. politics and religion).